LVW Electronics provides advanced systems solutions to private and public-sector clients all over the world. Our professional staff includes experts in professional audio, electronic and physical security, life safety systems, advanced control systems and information transmission systems. Whether physical or logical security, video surveillance, access control, intrusion detection, A/V, sound reinforcement, SCADA, mass notification or advanced network infrastructure, LVW is committed to providing exactly the service or technology our customers require, at best cost and lowest risk. LVW Electronics was recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in 2017 by the Gazette and Chamber of Commerce for the Colorado Springs and Pikes Peak Region.
The Drafter/CAD Operator uses CAD equipment to provide support to engineers by preparing routine layouts, detail drawings, assembly drawings, sketches and diagrams. Makes copies of drawings and maintains information regarding changes. Has a solid understanding of drafting techniques and familiarity with engineering terminology. Possesses mechanical aptitude with ability to complete basic mathematical calculations. Has familiarity with CAD/CAM equipment and relationship of CAD to CAM. Operates CAD system and produces clear and technically accurate drawings based on design specifications
• Use CAD software to create and/or modify detailed drawings primarily for Electronic Security Systems (ESS) and Audiovisual (A/V) Systems
• Generate detailed design drawings from sketches, concepts, mark-ups, bills of material (BOM), and verbal communication provided by engineering or project management staff
• Develop drawing packages that generally include Site Plans, Floor Plans, Elevations, Detailed System Connections, One Line Block Diagrams, Schedules, and As-Builts
• Performs complex drafting and designing assignments with little to no supervision and completes project responsibilities within scope, schedule, and budget
• Maintain all revisions of project drawings
• Associate’s Degree or successful completion of a technical trade school in Computer Aided Drafting and Design, Drafting Technology, or equivalent is preferred, may substitute 5+ years of relevant AutoCAD experience
• 2 to 5 years AutoCAD experience
• Proficiency in AutoCAD (2016 or newer version)
• Ability to take direction and act independently
• Strong communication (verbal and written) and organization skills
• Detail oriented
• Ability to obtain/maintain a Government Security Clearance
Compensation: Depends on experience and level of education/ training/ certification. Please note this is not an inclusive list of job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify responsibilities based on operational needs.
LVW Electronics is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.